POINTS COMPETITION RULES AND REQUIREMENTS 2021
This Championship is open to Scottish Branch members of the BSPS with registered ponies. Points are awarded to BSPS Scottish Branch riders on BSPS registered ponies in the following classes at all Scottish Branch and their Affiliated Summer Shows held from April to September.
OPEN SP – LR, FR, 128 cm, 138 cm, 148 cm, ISRT,
OPEN SHP – LR, FPHT, 122 cm, 133 cm, 143 cm, 153 cm, ISHT
OPEN WHP – CS, NS, 133 cm, 143 cm, 153 cm, IWH
NOVICE SP – Mixed Height
NOVICE SHP – Mixed Height
NOVICE WHP – 133 cm, 143 cm, 153 cm, IWH
HERITAGE – LR, FR, Ridden, WHP
Points will be awarded as follows:
|Placing||All Affiliated Classes||HOYS, RIHS Qualifiers And Scottish Branch Shows|
- A points form should be completed for each pony, for each class.
- Double Points will be allocated in all HOYS Qualifying, RIHS Qualifying, all BSPS classes at the Mid Term & Spring Show in May, Scottish Summer Show in June and the Finale Show in September. As there are no Cradle Stakes at RIHS or Cradle & Nursery Stakes at HOYS, double points will be awarded in these classes at shows where the WHP classes are RIHS or HOYS qualifiers.
- All affiliated shows count towards your points total. There is no limit to the number of shows you can enter each month.
- In the event there is an uneven number of classes during the year when ponies compete for a championship – an average score will be taken to award the championship.
- Points will only be allocated to registered ponies from the date of registration (as per your pony’s registration card issued by our Head Office in Sawtry), no results prior to this registration date will be included.
- A ‘Best Home-Produced Award’ will be made to the best Home Produced (as defined in the Pretty Polly rules 279-283, page 47 of the 2021 Rule Book) in each section. Points are not awarded in ‘Home Produced’ classes, only Points gained for full listing will be considered for the ‘Best Home-Produced Award’.
- The Highland Points Trophy will be awarded to the member, residing in the Highland Region, with the highest number of points, in any one class, gained at affiliated shows in Scotland.
- Points are not awarded in home produced, pairs, coloured or veteran classes. Only points gained in Open classes can be counted for Open classes, Novice points for Novice classes etc.
- Mixed height classes will be allocated points as one class.
- Any pony/rider/owner subject to any disciplinary action from BSPS Head Office will not be eligible for points during such time.
- All results sheets should be returned by post to the BSPS Secretary, 20 Herriot Avenue, Kilbirnie, Ayrshire KA25 7HZ or emailed to email@example.com no later than 1st October 2021. Any sheets received after this date will be included in the results, but no discussion will be entered regarding any discrepancy on the points allocated by BSPS Scotland, our calculations will be final.
- Trophies and Rosettes will be awarded at the Dinner Dance on the 15th November 2021 All trophies are required to be signed for by a BSPS Member over the age of 18 years.