BSPS SCOTTISH BRANCH LTD
What we need
BSPS Scottish Branch Ltd will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in this form unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member of BSPS Scotland or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address, telephone number and date of birth of Junior Members;
- Membership category – Life Membership, Adult Showing, Junior Showing, Non-Showing
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services
- Send your membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services including, but not limited to, membership renewals and information on membership benefits, BSPS Scotland Events and Affiliated Events.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect, then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Promote and encourage participation in the equestrian sport of your choice by sending members communications and information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events which we use for promotional and development purposes;
- Provide competition opportunities in the equestrian sport of your choice by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered in the correct category;
- Maintain our members’ qualifications and results;
- Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to this sport. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we will share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
As an affiliated club of BSPS we are required to ensure that all our members are members of BSPS Scotland as a condition of affiliation. We will share your name and membership category with BSPS who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it.
For more information on BSPS (Head Office) privacy notice please email email@example.com.
If we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK and is accessed by our member of staff for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for six years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request” (SAR);
- If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by BSPS Scotland will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk .
BSPS Scottish Branch Ltd Private Notice – Revised May 2018